“Create what matters.“– Spire Development
Passive House is recognized internationally as the optimal way to build healthy, climate-resilient, affordable, and energy-efficient residential, institutional, and commercial buildings through all stages of design, construction, and livability.
Spire Landing—Canada’s largest passive house by Spire Development—is a 5 storey wood-frame purpose-built rental complex located in Vancouver East fronting Fraser Street, in the heart of South Vancouver. Spire Landing was built under the City of Vancouver’s Rental 100 program (also known as the Secured Rental Policy), which creates a city-wide policy to encourage the construction of new buildings where 100% of the residential area is secured rental housing.
Rezonings for these residential rental projects are considered in the following locations:
- areas close to transit, employment and services;
- multi-family areas for infill projects or projects on sites that do not have existing rental housing;
- light industrial areas that currently allow residential; and
- areas with existing rezoning policies or Official Development Plans that accommodate higher residential density and which do not conflict with existing policies for social housing.
Over 50% of households in Vancouver are renters. Vancouver provides nearly half (46%) of the rental housing in the entire Lower Mainland and more than a quarter (27%) of the rental housing for all of British Columbia. The city has the tightest rental market and one of the lowest vacancy rates in Canada.
One of the primary benefits of purpose-built rentals is the security of tenure. The policy enforces rental units to be secured for a term of 60 years or the life of the building, whichever is greater. That means the landlord will not be serving notice to vacate the unit for the purposes of sale or renovation. That brings peace of mind knowing you have the right to quiet enjoyment for the duration of your tenancy.
- Quick access to Knight Street and Oak Street bridges.
- 6 minute walk to eateries & cafes.
- 4 minute drive to Langara College.
- 5 minute drive to Marine Gateway.
- 13 minute drive to Downtown Vancouver.
- Stainless steel kitchen appliances.
- ENERGY STAR® qualified Frigidaire dishwashers.
- Whirlpool front-loading washer & dryer.
- Oversized triple-glazed windows.
- Wide plank engineered flooring.
- Secured key card access throughout the building.
- Non-smoking community.
- Recycling and waste program.
Passive House Cost Savings
- 90% reduction in energy bills.
- No cold spots and hot zones.
- Optimal indoor air quality.
- Acoustic separation from the street.
Recent circumstances led me to open up my current home, so my family can have a place to live when they visit. Spire Landing happens to be my next destination, and I couldn’t be more appreciative of a company that truly understands and caters to the needs of the Canadian real estate market.